Traveling with your Pet

If you are planning to transport or travel with animals within the United States or internationally you may need a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), also sometimes referred to as a Health Certificate.

Here at River’s Edge we are equipped to do exams for CVI by appointment only Monday- Friday from 7:30am-5pm and Saturdays 8am-11:30am. If you are interested in traveling with horses or farm animals availability may vary.

Dependent on type of travel and destination there may be additional requirements beyond the CVI.

PLEASE NOTE: Some destinations may require tests, treatment, vaccinations or procedures that may take significant time and may be required to obtain the CVI itself. Make sure to do your research with plenty of time ahead of your trip in case additional requirements apply.

We ask that all of our clients do research on their own for any additional steps that may be required for their pet’s travel. If our staff is required to do research beyond CVI preparation additional fees may apply.

If you are interesting in scheduling an exam for CVI/health certificate please call into our clinic and speak with our reception staff at 541-924-1700.

Some Useful Links for information about Traveling with Animals:


Looking to Adopt a New Pet?

Here in the Willamette Valley we have many Humane Societies and Rescues that are working round the clock to support and care for animals in the area. Below are some links to the facilities in the area as well as a search engine designed to help pets find new furever homes. Please feel free to browse the links below: